Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- The Wine Diaries: new world reds ::link::
- Tips for visiting Napa with kids ::link::
- “Light sparkling wines just right for the picnic basket” ::link::
- “The Best Wines For Your July 4th Barbecue” ::link::
- “Wines for Canada Day 2012″ ::link::
- Stimmell: Wines you can be proud to serve on Canada Day ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Refreshing white wines are the typical choice for many summer vegetables. However, the light to moderate char from grilling can add a hint of bitterness – in a good way: It moderates the sweetness that comes from the vegetables’ caramelization.
For this salad, fuller-bodied whites are fine. Lighter-bodied reds – Barbera, Valpolicella and Dolcetto – will work nicely as long as the tannins are minimal. If you use wood chips or hardwood, the light smokiness will add another layer of nuance.
Read more at the San Francisco Chronicle
Thank you for reading. We hope you have found this blog article to be useful. Don't hesitate to leave a comment. We welcome all suggestions for future blog articles. If there is a topic you would like us to cover (wine-related), let us know!
Rosehill Wine Cellars