Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- Chardonnay gets revenge ::link::
- Weekly Dish: Expanded Taste of Terroir ::link::
- Is there really a big taste difference between cheap and pricey wine? ::link::
- 7 reasons why sauvignon blanc is sexy this summer ::link::
- Baseball Wine: The Bags Are Loaded ::link::
- How Not to Serve Wine ::link::
- Coca Cola-Flavored Wine Attempts To Win Over Younger Drinkers ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Odd Pair: What Wine Goes with Breakfast Tacos?
One of the things that I crave the most when I’m traveling in Europe is homemade breakfast tacos made with handmade white flour tortillas by Central Market. And so, when I recently returned from a two-week (and too long) trip to Italy, this staple of Tex-Mex gastronomy was at the top of my list: freshly made white flour tortillas, thinly sliced Colby Jack, eggs hard-scrambled with nutmeg and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano (my Italian twist), Goya frijoles negros (Goya, de rigueur), Herdez salsa casera (I recommend using the canned salsa although the bottled is also good) and creamy Texas-style guacamole (as opposed to the California chunky style that I grew up with).
Read the rest over at: Houston Press.
Thank you for reading. We hope you have found this blog article to be useful. Don't hesitate to leave a comment. We welcome all suggestions for future blog articles. If there is a topic you would like us to cover (wine-related), let us know!
Rosehill Wine Cellars