Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- 7 reasons why sauvignon blanc is sexy this summer ::link::
- Baco Noir Might Be America’s Most Patriotic Wine ::link::
- 5 great wines from the 110 new Vintages offerings ::link::
- A Pinot Grigio for Everyone ::link::
- The extraordinary and forgotten origin of Florida’s wine culture ::link::
- The grapevine: your guide to summer wine ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Nontraditional Wine Pairings: Pairing wine with peanut butter and jelly?
For our first round, we attempted to pair French fries, an order that we had taken home from a local restaurant. The verdict was – surprise, surprise – Merlot. Perhaps because of the starch base of the fried potatoes, the slight heaviness was actually rounded out by the Merlot, which effortlessly upheld the fries’ crispy taste.
Read the rest over at: Snooth.
Thank you for reading. We hope you have found this blog article to be useful. Don't hesitate to leave a comment. We welcome all suggestions for future blog articles. If there is a topic you would like us to cover (wine-related), let us know!
Rosehill Wine Cellars