Wine Guardian Cooling Units
Wine Guardian ® is a full service vendor offers system that integrate cooling, heating as well as a variety of different options like: humidification, filtration, ducting, internal safety devices and low ambient control.
It is the only system capable of multiple installation configurations: through-the-wall (flush, fully recessed or semi-recessed); indoor; remote mount and outdoor (ductable systems).
The ductable Wine Guardian is the only system capable of ducting on both the evaporator and condenser side. Our Through-the-Wall version ducts on the condenser side.
Ducted vs. Through The Wall - What's the difference
Ideal for installations in which it is not desired to see a mechanical unit in the wine cellar or none of the adjacent rooms are suitable for a through the wall unit
- Integrated Remote Interface Controller comes standard - Requires an HVAC contractor to install
Water-cooled option Allows the cooling unit to be placed in a confined space
Through The Wall
- The cooling unit is physically installed through the wall of the wine cellar with the back end exposed to adjacent room.
- Cold air is pumped into the wine cellar while warm air is drawn out and dumped into an adjacent room
Features and Benefits of Wine Guardian Systems
Not all Features/Options available on all units.
Advantages of external ducting
Standard with Ducted system, optional on the Through the Wall.
- Lower sound levels
- Virtually no vibration in the cellar
- Better air distribution and temperature control
- Flexibility of where to locate the unit
- Ability to exhaust the excess heat and/or recapture and redirect for energy conservation
- Greater flexibility in cellar design
- Easier to service
Class leading impeller style fans that are powered and oversized
- Higher pressure capability for all external ducts on both cooling and heat exhaust sides
- Higher airflow capacities improves temperature and humidification control. More air change over per hour and better distribution of temperature throughout the cellar
Greater installation flexibility and ease at lower installed cost
One of the Wine Guardian solutions may work for your application.
- Only cooling systems capable of being located inside, through-the-wall, outside or remote from the cellar-surface mounted, recessed, semi-recessed or ducted
- Hang from ceiling, sit on floor, platform or shelf, or wall mount
- Multiple discharge (supply) duct connections on both cool and warm air exhaust side
- Totally self-contained. No need to run refrigerant piping or install separate condensing unit.
- Requires only one electrical power connection.
- Reliable alternative to large, expensive split systems
- Remote thermostat and humidistat with 25 feet of wiring for better control options
- Built to highest safety standards (Underwriters' Laboratory) and certified by Environmental Testing Laboratories/Canadian Standards Association
- Ductable systems are furnished with a Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) to automatically control the flow of refrigerant to the cooling coil in direct response to the load. * Sight glass and low pressure limit switches not available on Through-the-Wall systems
- Standard feature of on/auto for fan control allows choice of running the fan all the time, (often selected to help maintain a desired leveled temperature in the wine cellar), or an ON/OFF cycle asking the fan to turn on only as needed
- Environmentally friendly refrigerant R-134a
- Electronic remote thermostat and humidistat
- Automatic low pressure safety switch
- Manual reset high limit safety switch
- Made in the USA
- 24/7 hot-line for information and assistance
- Use two systems instead of one in critical applications or where loads are very high at certain times of the year but where only one system is needed most of the time
- Allows backup in case one system is out of service
More sizes, capacities, built-in options and accessories to choose from
- Nominal 1/4 ton to 2 ton, 250 cfm to 750 cfm, 3 300 BTU to 16 200 BTU
- Low ambient control allows the unit to be installed in a garage or outside under cover where temperatures may be too cold for standard application. Condenser fan cycles to automatically control the head pressure and a heater maintains the oil temperature in the compressor.
- Five (5) year extended compressor warranty available.
- Optional Humidifier with electronic humidistat. Connected to 24v control system. Requires external water and drain. Either Integrated or Stand-alone models.
- Heating coil works automatically with the cooling to prevent simultaneous operation. Factory installed, no field installation required.
- Through-the-Wall systems include Easy Mount ™ installation sleeve to facilitate through-wall placement
- Optional duct collars and flexible ducts to connect Wine Guardian to cellar. Sized to match capacity and outlets of each Wine Guardian size. Collars connect to the Wine Guardian unit and to the grilles; no need for additional wall grilles.
- Optional condensate pump where gravity drains are not available
- Optional water-cooled condenser model on ductable systems rejects the heat output into the water instead of the surrounding air. Eliminates the condenser fan. Ideal application is for make-up water to swimming pool.
For Wine Cooling Units that offer options of cooling, heating and humidity control, our Wine Guardian Cooling systems are the perfect choice. Whether you are in need of a ducted, wall mounted, through the wall or split wine cooling system, you will most certainly find a model that will suit the needs of your cellar space. From a ¼ to a 2 ton unit, we offer a range of Wine Guardian cooling units capable of cooling cellars from 400 to 8,500 cubic feet.
In order to personalize your wine cooling unit and allow it to function to its optimal extent, we also offer a variety of options that can be selected upon ordering your cellar cooling unit. Atomizing Humidifiers, Remote Interface Controllers and Duct Kits are only a few of the many options we hold available.