Wine Racks 101
Every wine lover with a growing wine collection should become familiar with options in modular wine racks. Although they can add beauty, class, whimsy, or elegance to your home or wine cellar, first and foremost, wine racks are functional. They can be small or large, metal or wood, and costly or affordable. In our catalog, you can see many different option for custom wine racks.
The Function of a Wine Rack
The primary function of a wine rack is to ensure that your wine is properly stored, to protect peak characteristics. Wine racks keep bottles of wine in the correct orientation, so that the cork stays wet. If the cork is not in contact with the wine inside, it can dry out. A shriveled cork allows too much oxygen into the bottle and results in undesirable oxidation that spoils the flavor of the wine. The following are more functions of wine racks:
· Wine racks also help to reduce the amount of lighting on the bottles.
· Proper temperature control for each bottle is easier when they are stored on wine racks.
· Identifying your bottles can be easier when you organize them in a wine rack. You can hang labels on them or use software to keep up with the location of each bottle in your wine collection.
· If you enjoy collecting oversized bottles of wine, you can choose wine racks built to accommodate various sizes. The large bottles of wine can serve as a reminder that wine racks must also be sturdy enough to hold the full weight of all bottles placed on it. It’s important to buy wine racks from a reputable source.
Types of Wine Racks
There are many types of wine racks to choose from, with styles available for all types of décor. Classic styles available from Rosehill Wine Cellars include 7-foot and 6.1-foot wood wine racks in Pine, Premium Redwood, or Malaysian Mahogany. These allow for wine to be showcased in angle displays and there are also individual bottle storage spaces in which wine bottles are completely submerged. More examples of options in racks for wine follow:
- An “Evolution Wine Rack” is a free-standing wine rack with acrylic support panels and steel rods.
- Designed for commercial and retail use, there are freestanding metal wine racks. For maximum product exposure, greater capacity in limited space, and convenient consumer access, there are Vintage View Island Displays and Point of Purchase commercial wine racks.
- African Mahogany Wood retail wine racks designed for commercial use feature free-standing wine racks, an island display, and presentation perches.
- A modern wine rack ideal for home use has a peg system, which displays wine bottles so that they appear to be floating. These are sold with or without backings. This system is often used with back lighting. The boards can include colored aluminum, wood, stainless steel, or acrylic.
Custom Wine Racks
The beauty of custom wine racks in a wine cellar is that you can choose a design that best suits your preferences for collecting wine. Whichever type of wine rack you need for your collection, Rosehill Wine Cellars has you covered.