Large format wine bottles offer notable benefits over standard 750mL bottles, making large format wine storage important. The standard size, equal to about six glasses of wine, is by far and away the most commonly distributed wine. Perhaps surprisingly, the standard wine bottle is only one …
Tag: wine racks
If you’ve been wondering whether you should get a wine refrigerator, below are some answers to help you figure it out. Most people who ask this question have recently begun collecting bottles of wine for future enjoyment with their meals. Simply placing wine on a …
Every wine lover with a growing wine collection should become familiar with options in modular wine racks. Although they can add beauty, class, whimsy, or elegance to your home or wine cellar, first and foremost, wine racks are functional. They can be small or large, metal or wood, and costly or affordable. In our catalog, you can see many different option for custom wine racks.
The Function of a Wine Rack
The primary function of a wine rack is to ensure that your wine is properly stored, to protect peak characteristics. Wine racks keep bottles of wine in the correct orientation, so that the cork stays wet. If the cork is not in contact with the wine inside, it can dry out. A shriveled cork allows too much oxygen into the bottle and results in undesirable oxidation that spoils the flavor of the wine. The following are more functions of wine racks:
· Wine racks also help to reduce the amount of lighting on the bottles.
· Proper temperature control for each bottle is easier when they are stored on wine racks.
· Identifying your bottles can be easier when you organize them in a wine rack. You can hang labels on them or use software to keep up with the location of each bottle in your wine collection.
· If you enjoy collecting oversized bottles of wine, you can choose wine racks built to accommodate various sizes. The large bottles of wine can serve as a reminder that wine racks must also be sturdy enough to hold the full weight of all bottles placed on it. It’s important to buy wine racks from a reputable source.
Types of Wine Racks
There are many types of wine racks to choose from, with styles available for all types of décor. Classic styles available from Rosehill Wine Cellars include 7-foot and 6.1-foot wood wine racks in Pine, Premium Redwood, or Malaysian Mahogany. These allow for wine to be showcased in angle displays and there are also individual bottle storage spaces in which wine bottles are completely submerged. More examples of options in racks for wine follow:
- An “Evolution Wine Rack” is a free-standing wine rack with acrylic support panels and steel rods.
- Designed for commercial and retail use, there are freestanding metal wine racks. For maximum product exposure, greater capacity in limited space, and convenient consumer access, there are Vintage View Island Displays and Point of Purchase commercial wine racks.
- African Mahogany Wood retail wine racks designed for commercial use feature free-standing wine racks, an island display, and presentation perches.
- A modern wine rack ideal for home use has a peg system, which displays wine bottles so that they appear to be floating. These are sold with or without backings. This system is often used with back lighting. The boards can include colored aluminum, wood, stainless steel, or acrylic.
Custom Wine Racks
The beauty of custom wine racks in a wine cellar is that you can choose a design that best suits your preferences for collecting wine. Whichever type of wine rack you need for your collection, Rosehill Wine Cellars has you covered.
Wine cellars by design are cold and dark places. So much help exists online to aid consumers with the cooling part, the dark feels left out. There are significantly less resources available to guide would-be wine cellar design wizards on the art and science of …
If you regularly drink wine with dinner, a wine cellar may be just what you need. As all oenophiles know, wine enriches life. Making an investment in a wine cellar is the perfect way to delve more deeply into your appreciation of wine. Providing a …
When you have a custom wine cellar built, among the details you choose are the types of wine displays, wine racks, and other storage spaces you will have. You can also choose many styles of wine racks for storage in rooms of your home, such as the kitchen, dining area, and living room. If you are looking for a wine rack that won’t be in a custom wine cellar or dedicated wine room, placement of the rack is an essential consideration. It’s important that sunlight doesn’t hit the spot where you store wine.
Countertop Wine Racks
Storage of wine on countertop wine racks can be a great solution, when floor space is lacking. You can find racks of all sizes and storage capacities for countertops. Countertop wine racks are popular because many oenophiles like to have their bottles handy when they’re ready to open them.
Wall Mounted Wine Racks
Wall-mounted wine racks usually have decorative qualities, and yet they serve the same functional purposes as others. They can store wine while adding to the aesthetics of a room. Wine racks on the wall provide another space-saving solution. It’s essential that the rack is correctly attached to the wall in a way that ensures it is able to hold the weight of the wine bottles it stores.
Hanging Wine Racks
Hanging wine racks hang from the ceiling or underneath cabinet space. They are similar to wall-mounted wine racks, other than being attached to something besides a wall. This style can be beautiful, and hanging wine racks can also include a section for hanging wine glasses. Since many kitchen cabinets aren’t tall enough to accommodate stemware, the hanging wine rack offers an additional practical feature.
Floor Wine Racks / Wine Furniture
There are also wine racks designed as stand-alone pieces of furniture. Other versions of floor wine racks are built into chopping block tables or kitchen islands. Floor racks can potentially have a much greater capacity for wine storage than those built for cabinets or walls. They can also be incorporated as multi-functional pieces of furniture.
Stackable Wine Racks
If you have an expanding collection, stackable wine racks, also known as modular wine racks, can simplify your wine collection efforts. As your collection grows, simply add additional sections, which stack on top of the existing racks. This style of wine rack is most suitable for wine cellars and wine rooms.
It’s important to note that these wine racks mentioned above don’t provide the ideal storage conditions that protect wine from spoilage. Be sure to see the final part of this four-part series, to learn about the most ideal conditions in which to place your wine racks.